About Me

My photo
I'm on a year's CBA Community Archaeology Training Placement at Northlight Heritage in Glasgow

Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Scotland's Community Heritage Conference

Conference outing
One of my activities as Community Archaeology Bursary Placement was to help with the organising of Scotland's Community Heritage Conference - hosted by RCAHMS, Archaeology Scotland, Historic Scotland, Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust, NTS, SCAPE and Northlight Heritage.  I worked with the Skills for the Future trainees at RCAHMS (the lovely Martin and Sharon) to run the photo competition and we helped to run the social media storm with live tweets during the conference.

Sharon & Martin have put the tweets online here:

#2013SHC

I also gave a poster talk about what I've been up to on my placement so far - and a minute of madness  talk on Edinburgh YAC (I only had 60 seconds to talk!) which can be viewed on Doug Rocks-Macqueen's website:

Youtube Video of Minute of Madness

It was a brilliant conference - vibrant and exciting (and I'm not just saying that because I helped organise it!) It was great to see friends old and new and to hear about the wealth of great community-led archaeology projects going on around Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment